About us

Contacts

Newsletter

Map

Link

 
 
 

Home

Appointments

Travels

Itineraries

Environment

Photo

 
 

Pralormo Castle


HISTORY

The building originally dates back to the 13th century, when it was a square-shaped fortress built to defend the area. From medieval times until the early 19th century the building was surrounded by a moat, with access via a drawbridge. The manor's history is naturally linked to that of the families that have owned it through the centuries.
It was founded by the Anterisio family and then passed to the Biandrates and Roeros. In 1680 it was acquired by Barcellonette Giacomo Beraudo, from whom the current owners, the counts Beraudo of Pralormo, descend. His heirs were extremely fond of this residence and carried out some major alterations: in 1730 they commissioned the architect Galletti to build the lovely chapel and later had frescoed halls and rooms added above it. They removed the drawbridge, built the portico entrance and a grand staircase and covered the central courtyard, which became a three storey-tall great hall. Count Charles also summoned the famous landscape architect Xaver Kurten to design the magnificent English-style gardens.
The lavish interior furnishings re-create the atmosphere of life in the castle, especially that of the period to which the present layout refers, from the mid-19th century to the early decades of the 20th century. The wine-cellar full of grape-harvesting and wine-making equipment, the large room nearby with its arches and brickwork, housing a display of simple furnishings used by the people who lived at the manor, with the earliest systems for heating, washing and lighting the rooms at night. The Office with its huge cupboards and chests of drawers for the porcelain and ceramic dinner services, the servants' quarters with their belongings, the kitchen, the bathroom, the great hall. Then the dining room, the Minister's room (Charles Beraudo Count of Pralormo, 1784-1855 was Ambassador to Vienna and Paris), the blue drawing room, where the ladies and children would gather to partake in the womanly arts of embroidery, music and conversation.

Download

 

Address
Via Umberto I, 26
10040 Pralormo (TO)

Opening
from April 1st to November 26th. Closed in August.
For single visitors without reservation, everyday during Messer Tulipano exhibit from April 1st to May 1st, 2017 and on Sundays from March 7th to November 26th (August excluded).
For schools and groups made up of more than 15 people on reservation, everyday from April 1st to November 26th (August excluded).

Timetables
SINGLE visitors:
Every day from April 1st to May 1st, 2017 (monday-friday h10-18, saturday-sunday h10-19)
on Sundays from May 7th to November 26th (August excluded)
Without reservation.

GROUPS made up of more than 15 people:
from April 1st to November 26th (August excluded)
On reservation.

Ticket prices
DAILY LIFE IN THE CASTLE itinerary:
euro 8 adults
euro 6,50 groups and conventions
euro 4 children from 4 to 12 years old
free for children up to 4 years old

COUNT'S TRAIN itinerary:
euro 12 adults
euro 10 conventions
euro 8 children from 4 to 12 years old
free for children up to 4 years old

DAILY LIFE IN THE CASTLE itinerary + COUNT'S TRAIN itinerary:
euro 15 adults
euro 10 children from 4 to 12 years old
free for children up to 4 years old (reductions can't be combined with others)

Possibility of guided tours in English, French or German language on reservation; ask the additional cost to the administrative office.

Information
tel. e fax. +39. 011.884870 / tel. +39. 011.8140981

 
 
 
 

Comitato per la valorizzazione
dei castelli delle Langhe e del Roero
INTERVENTO REALIZZATO CON CONTRIBUTI COMUNITARI, STATALI E REGIONALI  INIZIATIVA COMUNITARIA LEADER PLUS - GAL LANGHE ROERO LEADER PIANO DI SVILUPPO LOCALE COULTURE DI LANGA
Intervento realizzato con contributi comunitari, statali e regionali
Iniziativa comunitaria Leader Plus - Gal Langhe Roero Leader
Piano di sviluppo locale Coulture di Langa

Cod.fiscale: 90040510043

Sede operativa c/o Turismo in Langa
Via Cavour 16 - 12051 Alba (Cn)
tel: +39.0173.364030
www.turismoinlanga.it



Powered by Blulab